Skip to content

Enterprise; Trade and Employment | Manufacturing and service sector growth in Co. Kildare

To ask the Tánaiste and Minister for Enterprise; Trade and Employment the extent to which the manufacturing and services sectors grew in County Kildare in each of the past three years to date; and if he will make a statement on the matter.


Table 1 below shows employment in manufacturing and services in County Kildare for enterprise agency client companies, that is, clients of IDA, Enterprise Ireland and Udaras na Gaeltachta, for the years 2019-2021. 2021 is the most recently available data for all agency client companies.

Table 1: Employment, County Kildare

Services       3,995       3,641       4,012
Manufacturing    13,855    14,186    14,485

Source: DETE Annual Employment Survey

In the manufacturing sector employment rose by 2.4% for the year 2019 to 2020.  This was followed by a subsequent increase of 2.1% from 2020 to 2021, resulting in a total increase of 4.5% for the 3 years from 2019 to 2021.

In the Services sector employment decreased by 8.9% from 2019 to 2020. In 2020 to 2021, the sector increased by 10.2%, resulting in an overall increase from the years 2019 to 2021 of 0.4%.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: