Skip to content

Justice | Social workers and child psychologist registration

To ask the Minister for Justice if there are plans to set up a formal register for suitably qualified persons such as social workers or child psychologists to assist in family law cases.


As the Deputy may be aware, management of the courts, operational matters and logistical functions are the responsibility of the judiciary and Courts Service, which are independent in exercising their functions under the Courts Service Act 1998 and given the separation of powers in the Constitution. Therefore I am unable to comment on the specific matters raised by the Deputy.

Registration of health and social care professionals is a matter for Coru, the body charged with regulating the Health & Social Care Professionals, under the health and social care professionals act 2005. Responsibility for this legislation and its associated agencies falls under the remit of the Department of Health.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: